Top Ten Boone and Crockett Typical Bucks
By Adam Doby
I was checking out the top ten Boone and Crockett typical bucks of all time and they are all just some amazing bucks. From the Milo Hanson buck to the John Breen buck they are all beautiful whitetail. I thought I would share the unofficial top ten Boone and Crockett typical bucks with you here.
The Top Ten Boone and Crockett Typical Bucks
- Milo N. Hanson buck Score: 213 5/8 Location: Saskatchewan Year: 1993 A school bus driver had told locals of a huge buck feeding in Milo Hansen’s alfalfa field. Milo and several other hunters made a plan and had a hunter walk into a thicket of willows where the buck was seen to push the buck out and Milo was in the right place at the right time. After 3 shots from Milo’s 308 Winchester the world record was down. Check out this video of an absolute giant The World’s Biggest Typical Whitetail Deer: The Milo Hanson Buck. You can listen to a great podcast interview with Milo Hanson on his incredible buck here Milo Hanson Interview | World Record Whitetail Buck.
- James Jordan buck Score: 206 1/8 Location: Wisconsin Year: 1914 Jim Jordan took this amazing buck to the taxidermist only to have the taxidermist move and he didn’t find his buck until some 64 years later. Just a bizarre story on an amazing whitetail typical buck.
- Larry W. Gibson Score: 205 Location: Missouri Year: 1971 Larry shot this special brute at ten yards with his 308 and then sold the antlers for $200. He could have gotten way more for them if he had of waited.
- Melvin J. Johnson Score: 204 4/8 Location: Illinois Year: 1965
- Stephen Jansen Score: 204 2/8 Location: Alberta Year: 1967 Stephen Jansen didn’t really care for the buck he said it wasn’t perfectly balanced. Not sure how any deer hunter couldn’t like this awesome buck.
- Hubert Collins Score: 203 3/8 Location: Saskatchewan Year: 2003
- Kevin S. Petrzilka Score: 202 6/8 Location: Nebraska Year: 2010
- This buck is actually tied for #7 Bruce Ewen Score: 202 6/8 Location: Saskatchewan Year: 1992
- John A. Breen Score: 202 Location: Minnesota Year: 1918 Check out this great video of the John Breen buck John Breen Buck – One of the Biggest Bucks in the World.
- Wayne A. Bills Score: 201 4/8 Location: Iowa Year: 1974 The Wayne A, Bills buck is the Iowa state record typical whitetail and is just a real brute. You can see a video of the huge typical here Wayne Bills Buck — Legendary Whitetails
I wanted to show you an article and video of one of the most controversial bucks of all time that could have been the world record buck, the Johnny King buck which could have been the new number one typical whitetail ever but was declared by a controversial decision only to score 180″. You can read a great article on it here King Buck is Not Crowned New World Record and here is a video Johnny King Buck.
- Outdoor Life: The Top 40 Typical and Non-typical whitetail of All Time
- Peterson’s Hunting: 20 Biggest Typical Whitetail Bucks of All Time
- Boone and Crockett Club
note: this article was lost due to problems with our site so we are re-posting. Click Here…